4.12.09

blooming friday - Adventskrans

it is raining so much in these days, taht it makes it difficult to work in the garden.
the other day I manged to clean the terrace a little, to move all my citrus plants closer to the wall of the house, to plant some cyclamen that give some colour.
actually I didn't finsished..it started to rain again, and I had to leave it all there.



Wednesday, it was very beautiful...the oaks around our house still have their leaves, coloured yellow and brown, in the sun they shine as gold.
this is a view of a part of the house, seen from the hill in front of us.

home sweet home


it was so nice I went out for a walk to cut some branches for the
firepleace, I usualy make one big Adventskrans on the fireplace, and one small as table decoration.
my fireplace is non ready yet, I can't find the candles I'm looking for, and it started to rain again
today so I didn't finsihed.
I hope to have it done until Sunday, the second Advent! :)


I must say that it is thank's to K
atarina that I manged to make my Adventskrans in time!
last Friday she showed us hers, and I just left the pc on..and run out in the garden to do mine! :))

this is what came out, using things and plants from my garden.


advents


one round pot filld with potting soil (I used acid soil)
1 white cyclamen persicum (florist's cyclamen)
4 brances of iberis sempervirens (evergreen candytuft)
6-7 brances of pino mugo (dwarf mountain pine)
12-14 brances of santolina chamaecyparissus (gray santolina or lavender cotton)
4 candles 40cm high
some long brances of Hedera helix variegata (variegated english ivy)



plant the cyclamen in the middle.
the 4 candles as a cross.
and in between the candles put all the branches.
wrap the hedera around the pot and put the start and the end in the soil.

leave your decoration outside while your not using it, otherwise it will all dry out in
the indoor temperature.

adventskrans


I would like to show you my last Nasturtium, big, proud, orange and so beautiful :)

utlimo nasturzio


remember to drop by at Katarina's to see the other entry's.
have a nice weekend, and second Advent :)

2 kommentarer:

Lillebeth sa...

Underbart vackert arrangemang. Och att ha krasse som blommar nu! Den som inte tål någon kyla alls. Blir verkligt avundsjuk på dig som bor i ett så underbart klimat. Behöver väl knappas önska dig: ha det got!

Katarina sa...

Så vackert du har arrangerat växterna!
Önskar dig en riktigt skön adventshelg!