27.11.09

blooming friday - autumn composition


composizione vaso



in these last November day's,
when the fog makes everything look dizzy,
the rain is pouring down and your mood is under your feet..
you just want it to be brighter, the day's longer, the sun to come back again.
it is not really time yet to dress up for Christmas,
so why not compose something colourfull to cheer you up a little.

I used a big simple pot where I already had cuttings of Nasturtium and Bignonia.
then my father-in-law gave me three bouquets of mixed leaves and flowers
that I could dispose as I wished.

It came out rather nice, a little bit colourful, not to much.
I'm non very fond of flowers in strong colours,
I prefer white or faded colours.
it looks good against the colour of the floor
(cotto fiorentino) and the wooden fence.
I put it as focus looking out from the living room.


I used Erica, Gipsophyla, ornamental cabbage,
a kind of Calicarpa (I think)
and branches of red and green leaves
(not very easy to recognize from just the leaves :)


cavolo, gipsofila, erica, calicarpa

the blue-greenish leaves could be some kind of Eucalipto.
here is also the Bignonia cutting

eucalipto, bignonia
the Nasturtium, still growing fresh and green,
didn't produce much flowers this summer
but still looks very healthy :)

ceneraria, nasturzio, calicarpa
some berries from some small rose bush,
you can also use branches with Pyracantha berries
looks good but doesn't last much when cut.
the Cotoneaster is a little bit stronger and lasting.

composizione
I do hope some of this branches will turn out as cuttings :)

I wish to thank Katarina for this event, and don't
forget to pass by to see the other "bloomers" :)

4 kommentarer:

easygardener sa...

It is a very attractive arrangement - lots of leaf variety and the berries add a welcome splash of colour. A good way to brighten up a November day!
Have a good weekend.

brii sa...

yes indeed :)

baciuss

Katarina sa...

You've cheered me up, as well! A beautiful and creative arrangement - thanks for sharing!
Have a great weekend!

brii sa...

ciao katarina

thank's!
today even some sunshine come out :)

have a nice weekend too
baciusss